Thursday, April 30, 2009

tagged...again

i was tagged by the inimitable hannah.

first, i'm going to talk about hannah. hannah's like a leather sofa. you're pretty sure that you're not lucky enough to have one. and then you get one. and it only gets better the longer you have it. only with hannah, unlike the sofa, she speaks. and what comes out of her mouth is usually funny, sometimes poignant, and always bare naked.

here are the instructions for "eight things":
. mention the
person that tagged you
. complete the list of eight things
. tag eight of your wonderful blogger friends
. go tell them you tagged them

eight things i look forward to:
1. dennis learning to drive. this means a stepping stone for him...a grocery-getter for me;
2. our trip to cancun in august...sort of;
3. having a baby some day. really. i'm almost there;
4. my parents being well;
5. going to heaven.
6. writing a book. i will do it...someday.
7. figuring out exactly what i want to be when i grow up
8. buying this new bedding from pottery barn.

eight things i did yesterday:
1. volunteered to host a cocktail party for my entire office.
2. genuinely missed my husband.
3. read a couple of pages of the mermaid chair...for the third time.
4. cried over melissa's post.
5. played wii boxing...and did 10 squats every time i k.o.'d someone. and super hula-hooped.
6. drafted swine flu memos
7. was really thankful in a sordid sort of way when my son fell asleep during the president's speech. and i didn't wake him up. i then proceeded to watch american idol instead of lost. and cheered for kris allen when he stayed.
8. wished the swine flu would go away (reference #2 above).

eight things i wish i could do:
1. fly. seriously.
2. live in arkadelphia, but keep my job.
3. convince jon that he is the best ever at what he does...both at home and at work.
4. host flawless parties every night of the week. with nothing to clean up. in a dress. with pearls. and heels.
5. find a community group.
6. work out 5 days a week and not whine about it. OR just magically lose 50 pounds.
7. have raised my son since birth. only i'm pretty sure he wouldn't have turned out as well.
8. turn my house by about 90 degrees so i'd have morning sunlight flood through the house. only then i'd be facing the neighbor's house. that would be bad. so i guess in my next house, i'll make sure that there's morning light.

eight shows i watch:
1. desperate housewives
2. grey's anatomy
3. 24
4. the office
5. medium
6. jon and kate plus 8
7. every show on the food network. marathon-like every saturday and most sundays.
8. all the CSIs

i tag: jessica, laura haywood, kristen black, dayle carozza, and heather wolfe. i have no idea who's even reading this any more!

3 comments:

Chris & Whitney said...

emily - ok, so i don't know hannah anywhere near like you do. i've only gotten to know her through the blog, which makes me feel like i know the real hannah, b/c, as you said, she's always real. keeping that in mind, i think your ananlogy of the leather sofa is dead on...makes me wish that i had started obu when you all did so that maybe we would have been friends then.

and btw...i think that dennis would have turned out just as fantastic if you'd raised him from birth. just my opinion though.

have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Emily, I need you to know that I am right beside you in your crying over Melissa's posts...her words absolutely overwhelm me, but yet I can't get enough!

Also, I enjoy your posts. Especially the stories about Dennis! Hearing them from Jon are lots of fun, but hearing them from a mom's perspective is probably more amazing :) It makes me so excited for the day when I will get to adopt! Hopefully, from Moldova. :)

Hope you are having a great day!!

carozza said...

I'm going to get to this but it will take some thinking. i'm boring. haha
I agree with whitney though... i think dennis would have turned out just as great if you had raised him since birth. I'm not around you these days but from what i know of you and what i read... he is one lucky boy!