Monday, January 31, 2011

brought to my knees

i'm pretty sure everyone who reads this (both of you) knows that we have had some heavy stuff hanging around the Watts/Merryman house(s) as of late. it's been maddening, really. when i wasn't dealing with death or sickness or sadness or runaways or confusion, i was dealing with bankers and realtors and potential or soon-to-be-past employers.

this morning, i woke up with a heaviness in my heart. that i might never be the woman i was meant to be. that i don't love strong enough or make good enough decisions or even write enough thank you cards. that maybe i really am a horrible mother and shouldn't try that again. that i might never make it to peaceful.

and then this afternoon, i'm working. and i got a little distracted. and i read a post by a really great blogger who posted on a really great community site. and it makes a whole lotta sense to me and where i'm headed these days. click on over to (in)courage and read this post by angie.

let me know what you think about that...

5 comments:

emily said...

em, I love the post you linked it. such great words to hear. thanks for sharing! think about you often.

hannah said...

She is such a wonderful writer. Much like you. It's hard to imagine that she ever felt out of place in a bible study. That's how I feel!! Not Angie!!!

I think about you often. I wish you could see what I see. Because I see something that you don't. I know how great you are. You don't see it. You never have. My prayer for you is that soon you realize how wonderful you are. In ALL roles. Mother. Wife. Sister. Friend. Hostess. Cook.

I could go on and on. I know how it feels to not see the value in yourself. I fight it daily. It's horrible. Heartbreaking.

I love you. And I consider myself to be so lucky to be your friend. I'm praying for you.

emily said...

em, thanks. think about you, too!

hannah, thanks for the words of encouragement so desperately needed these days.

chic Gucci shirts said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.